Named by Time.coms @Techland as one of the best weather apps for your iPhone. The first app to give you severe weather alerts for your Apple Watch.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms from county-based alerts by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Why is that important? Because county-based alerts can give you false alarms, warning you even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
What people are saying:
• Storm Shield "can keep you appraised of everything from severe thunderstorms to flash flooding... this kind of information can be a life-saver, as many of its loyal users have already attested." - Time.com
• "Has kept me up to date with all Winter Storm Watch and Warnings this winter. Very helpful for my winter hikes." - Matthew
• "A total life saver. I live in Chicago and we have winter storms... Storm Shield is on my side when my mom has to call the school requesting a snow day!" - Zachary34562
• Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
• "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12
• Get NOAA alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
• With Storm Shields Apple Watch extension get a tap on your wrist any time severe weather alerts are issued for your locations.
• Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
• Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see whats going on at your current and saved locations.
• Share your radar view with family and friends when severe weather is affecting them.
• See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching map overlays.
• See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
• Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
• School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Buffalo.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in most cities listed below).
• Storm Shield uses iOS Significant-Change Location and Background Refresh (not GPS) to balance location accuracy and battery life.
• Turn off Background Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including KMGH ABC7 Denver, WXYZ Detroit, WCPO Cincinnati, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WTVF Nashville, KMTV Action News Omaha, KJRH Tulsa, KTTS Springfield, KFDI Wichita, WFTS ABC Action News Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WFTX Fox 4 Ft. Myers, WTMJ Milwaukee, WGBA NBC26 Green Bay, WSYM Fox47 News Lansing-Jackson, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WKBW Buffalo, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, KGUN 9 On Your Side Tucson, KTNV 13 Action News Las Vegas, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, KIVI On Your Side Boise.
View our Support FAQs at support.stormshieldapp.com, and get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.